Monday, May 28, 2012

Masculine Card Series #9: Bird BBQ

Sorry this was a late post.  It was such a crazy busy day that I didn't have time to post this last night or even today.  My husband's Grandmother celebrated her 85th birthday yesterday and all of her children, grandchildren, and great-grand children were there.  What a fun time and my children had a great time meeting their cousins for the first time!
For today's card, I decided to make a Father's Day card as Father's Day will be here before you know it.  We usually have a relaxing day where my husband and his Father go golfing and then we have a family BBQ.  So this card could be used for a BBQ invite, Father's Day, Birthday or just a simple male Thank You.
The cartridges I used were 3 Birds on Parade and for the Father's Day Sentiment, I used the Wild Card Cartridge.
The card base measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and was cut from blue teal cardstock by Recollections.  The red mat measures 5 1/4' x 4" and the patterned paper mat measures 5" x 3 3/4" and is by Recollections Bold Basics paper stack.
The bird and BBQ can be found on p. 55 of the manual.  I cut him, the layers and BBQ at 3 1/2" and used dimensionals on the bird.
The You're Tweet sentiment is also from 3 Birds and can be found on p. 28 and was cut at 1 1/2".
The Father's Day sentiment was found on the Wild Card Cartridge p. 66 and was cut from red cardstock at 5 1/2".
I decorated the inside of the card two ways.  The card that said "You're Tweet" has the Happy Father's Day sentiment on the inside, while the other card I cut an extra bird on blackout and left it blank inside.
I entered this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters:  Bring on the Boys
Hiding in my Craft Room #47:  Father's Day Card
One Stop Challenge:  Boy Card






6 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! I love the little birdies. I have this cartridge but haven't used it too much, looks like I need to pull out! There a few tutorials on YT like my Halloween card. I may have to make one since I have had requests to make one. Great job on these cute little cards!
    Laura
    http://queenscardcastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I need that Wild Card cartridge; I bought one for my mom last year...I may need to borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge..And good luck.

    Caz OSCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cards. Love the bird and the BBQ. Thank you for sharing and playing along at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a super sweet father's day card love that the little bird is grilling....Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute Cute! I love the sweet little bird. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR DT AJ!

    ReplyDelete